Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Initiatives on health care litigation

Two initiatives currently before the legislature address health care litigation. Among other things, Initiative 330 would limit noneconomic damages and contingency fees. Among other things, Initiative 336 changes the requirements for initiating med mal lawsuits.

The February issue of the KCBA Bar Bulletin has opinion pieces:

  • Pro I-330 by Mary Spillane of Williams, Kastner & Gibbs PLLC. She is one of the attorneys representing the Washington State Medical Association in connection with I-330.
  • Pro I-336 by Karen K. Koehler, of Stritmatter Kessler Whelan Withey Coluccio. She is WSTLA’s Second Vice President of Legislative Steering.

Other information:

I-330:

I-336:

Note: this post was updated on 3/7/05 to reflect the changes in the URLs for the Bar Bulletin articles.


Filed in: , ,

No comments: