Monday, July 9, 2007

DOJ Atty Criticizes DOJ - Denver Post Op Ed

John S. Koppel, who has been an attorney in the Justice Department since 1981, published a strongly worded opinion piece about the department in today's Denver Post:

As a longtime attorney at the U.S. Department of Justice, I can honestly say that I have never been as ashamed of the department and government that I serve as I am at this time.

The public record now plainly demonstrates that both the DOJ and the government as a whole have been thoroughly politicized in a manner that is inappropriate, unethical and indeed unlawful. The unconscionable commutation of I. Lewis 'Scooter' Libby's sentence, the misuse of warrantless investigative powers under the Patriot Act and the deplorable treatment of U.S. attorneys all point to an unmistakable pattern of abuse.
John S. Koppel, Bush justice is a national disgrace, Denver Post, July 9, 2007.

No comments: