Saturday, July 7, 2007

R Rated?!?

Mingle2, an online dating site, has a little application that rates blogs like movies. I plugged in this blog's URL and got rated ...



Why? "This rating was determined based on the presence of the following words: torture (5x), punch (2x), sex (1x)."

Well, I can't say I'm surprised. Although it's never been my intention to have a salacious blog -- or even a mildy racy one -- I've always been aware that I use some hot-button words. When I go through a phase of reading a lot of cases, the "R" words increase, since -- like it or not -- many of the cases addressing trial procedure and evidence have to do with people who are accused of crimes such as rape and child sexual abuse.

At least the folks who search the Web for torture and abuse as turn-ons won't find anything particularly hot here, unless they are fetishists for court rules or empirical studies of juror behavior.

No comments: