Friday, March 7, 2008

Beauty and The Law

A Howard 3L who is Miss District of Columbia USA is interviewed in Beauty and The Law, The BLT: The Blog of Legal Times, March 7, 2008.

What sort of feedback do you get from professors or other students about being a beauty queen?
* * * One time in class I got a question * * * [and my] answer was obviously wrong, and the professor looked at me and I paused and said “And world peace.” My classmates gave me a standing ovation....You never know when a pageant technique might come in handy.

Has your study of law helped you win contests?
I do think it has, and I'm going to say that because with litigation you're dealing with being able to speak on your feet. I always say that the toughest interview I've ever had in my life is a pageant interview....There's no fear factor like being in a pageant interview because you have no idea what the next question is.

No comments: