The June 2009 issue of De Novo, the newsletter of WSBA's Young Lawyers Division is now out. (The newsletter is now electronic-only.) Highlights for people interested in trial practice are:
- Jamila Johnson, Picking Cotton (p.1), a review of the presentation on mistaken eyewitness identification by Jennifer Thompson-Cannino and Ronald Cotton here at the UW in April. (Earlier posts here and here.)
- Jaime M. Hawk, President's Column (p.4), on the "growing civil legal aid funding catastrophe."
- Virginia Nicholson, Advice for Those Thinking of Taking on Their First Pro Bono Case (p.5).
- Hon. Shelley Szambelan, Writing Tips for More Effective Briefing and Motion Practice (p.6).
- Jamila Johnson, Inside the Dean's Studio (p.9), a profile about Dean Kellye Testy, now Dean of Seattle University School of Law and soon to be Dean of the University of Washington School of Law.