Sunday, February 19, 2012

Suing for Privacy Invasion Would Cost Privacy

Plaintiffs in a class action against Facebook for using their names and pictures to advertise to their friends now want not to be the class representatives: they realize how intrusive discovery can be.

"I did not expect that every single post I had ever made on Facebook would be potentially rehashed in an interrogatory responses [sic] and deposition," [the plaintiff] said in court documents filed Monday. "Answering questions regarding my private posts or my decisions to click 'Like' buttons on certain pages or posts would subject me to embarrassment and invade my privacy."
Facebook Privacy Plaintiff Wants Out of Class Action, Recorder, Feb. 16, 2012 (Law.com). How can counsel prepare their clients for litigation experience?

Hat tip: Lawyerology!

No comments: