NITA (the National Institute for Trial Advocacy) offers a free webcast in a couple of weeks: Bad Facts in Your Case? Using theme and theory to tell your story to the factfinder, Jan. 17, 2014, 11 am Mountain (that's 10 am here in Seattle) (NITA is based in Boulder, CO).
But wait! There's more! NITA has a couple of dozen Studio71 Webcasts—and many of them are free.
(You can still watch the ones whose dates have passed. You just don't have the live interactive features.)
Free* webcasts include:
- Fundamentals of Cross Examination, Feb. 11, 2014
- Three Critical Tools: Impeachment, Refreshment, and Past Recollection Recorded, Jan. 28, 2014
- Evidentiary Foundations for Social Media Evidence, Dec. 9, 2013
- How to Use Your Trial Skills to Prepare for Mediation, Nov. 19, 2013
- Challenging the Admissibility of Forensic Expert Testimony, Oct. 15, 2013
- Right of Publicity and Privacy, Oct. 2, 2013
- Making and Meeting Objections in Child Welfare Court Proceedings, Aug. 23, 2013
- Demo: Expert Witness Examination, June 19, 2013
- Jury Selection, June 19, 2013
- Direct Examinations in Child Welfare Court, Nov. 8, 2011
- Cross Examination
*There are some fee-based webcasts, too, but the free ones should be especially appealing for student budgets. It's pretty exciting to see the shopping cart icon with "0.00"!